Monday, May 6, 2013

Birth Control Withdrawal


Hello, everyone!

I think I've figured out another reason why I gained weight last week - I was about to get my period. Two weeks after my last one - ugh. What a nightmare! This has NEVER happened to me before, so I can only assume that it is the result of getting off birth control - my body is still trying to get back to normal with regards to hormones.

I've been told that odd periods are normal for those that are trying to get off birth control, so if this is happening to you, don't be worried. It apparently takes about three to four months for your body to get back to normal post-birth control - it really is like your body getting off pregnancy mode. That often means that weight loss will be difficult until after that time period (annoying for someone like me trying to get back to normal with regards to that), periods can be sporadic, you can feel get headaches and the random vomiting. Not to mention the horrible mood swings. Don't be scared! Things are going to happen when you mess around with your body chemistry - just tough it out and know that everything will be okay in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment