Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tree Hut Shea Body Butter - Hawaiian Kukui

Hello, everyone!

As I mentioned before, I have really, really problematic dry skin. It borders on eczema. A lot of this is because, when I was little, I was the laziest person at applying lotion on my body. I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that I hated feeling greasy, and the lotion that I was given, Cetaphil, is literally the most greasy thing ever. Ugh. It does a very good job, I must say, but I hated the feeling on my hands when I moisturized, and I hated how slippery my body was afterwards. We finally got off Cetaphil after my begging my mother to buy something else, and we switched to Aveeno. Aveeno is good - and feels less greasy - but it still is a bit greasy, and I didn't really like to apply that either. So, the avoidance of moisturizing continued unless my mother bugged me to do so.

Needless to say, when I went off to college, I didn't moisturize. I got a lot of dry patches on my skin as a result. Finally, I realized that I had to do something. I had heard of this item called a "body butter" from somewhere off YouTube, so I decided to try it. I went to the grocery store, looked at the body butters, picked up the only one they had, and brought it home to use every day.

This is the body butter I picked up, and it is still my favorite.





Body butters work best if you apply them right after you shower. Their purpose isn't really to moisturize - it's to lock your skin's natural moisture and oils in so that it naturally moisturizes. It's a completely different concept from a lotion or a regular body cream.

First of all, it's not greasy. Thank GOD. I can apply it on my skin and not feel gross, and I don't need to immediately wash off my hands with a load of soap after I apply it. And it's still really effective. My dry patches are gone, and I no longer have scaly legs (yes, that's how dry my skin was and how little I cared about how I looked, if that tells you anything).

Second - the smell. Oh, my gosh. The smell is divine. But the best part about the smell is that it isn't overpowering. I really dislike people that wear scented lotions AND perfume because the smells mix and it just doesn't work. This thing is scented, but not much, and I can easily wear a perfume with it. I am terrible at describing scents, so I'm not going to try, but it's really subtle and lovely.

Third - it lasts a long time. A little bit goes a long way. This is my second pot of this body butter, and I had the first one for about six months (the tub contains 7 ounces of product). That's incredible, especially for a poor college girl. Of course, I'm really bad at remembering to moisturize - old habits die hard - but I would hazard a guess that this would last about four months very easily if you applied it every day.

I really recommend this body butter. I haven't tried any others mainly because of the smell factor - I hate walking around like two different scent bottles, and all the other ones I've smelled have really put me off - so I can't compare. But I can tell you that this performs beautifully - it is very effective.

I bought mine for about $10 at a grocery store, and I actually haven't seen it in any other grocery store than that. However, you can buy it on Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Hut-Butter-Hawaiian-7-Ounce/dp/B001ET7BZS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367214942&sr=8-2&keywords=tree+hut+shea+body+butter

This is a pack of three. You could probably search further for individual ones to buy. Also, look at treehutshea.com for more information.

Just as a disclaimer - I bought this product with my own money, and I'm not being paid by the maker to write this.

Thank you for reading, and I hope that this was helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment