Sunday, June 22, 2014

Three Weeks Post-Op Update

Hello, everyone!

I visited my surgeon's PA about a week ago, and she confirmed that everything was going well. The soreness is almost completely gone unless I twist a certain way or lift my arms too high, which is lovely. I am driving and resuming most normal activities. The only really annoying this at this point is that some of the swelling is still quite obviously around and that I can't reach behind my head to tie my hair back - I have to rely on someone else to do it for me. Always the little things.

The PA removed my surgical tape and replaced it with paper tape for cosmetic reasons - the less the scars stretch, the better they will look. After another two weeks, that will come off and I plan on rubbing the scars with emu oil, a substance that my family has had personal experience with in terms of healing surgical scars. My cousin was in a severe car accident that had him fly through a windshield, and after all the surgeries were over, he had some pretty ugly scars all over his forehead. After using emu oil for about a year (and not very much of it, about a drop across the entire forehead a day), it barely shows.

Apart from that, no major problems! It kind of sucks that I can't swim yet, but I am walking quite a lot and enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment